Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Southern Louisiana to Western Texas


Lots of miles. Over 900 in Texas alone--the 80 mph speed limit helped that, though. Best parts were the wooded swamps of Louisiana and the hills of western Texas, though San Antonio was OK, too. Saw the Alamo and walked along the downtown river walk. Headed into the hills of southern New Mexico today, Tuesday; will hook up with Jeff Bowne south of Tucson tonight, then see my parents on Wednesday. The sun is shining!

6 comments:

  1. Texas is a wiiiddde state to drive through. San Antonio is a nice place....the Alamo is smaller than I imagined.....the Riverwalk area is very nice and can be fun after dark. How's the weather been?....the sun does shine more when you get away from Michigan. Give my regards to the folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Demo we said HI. You are moving fast, I'll try and keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Boss, Looks like you are getting some great photo ops! Love the one of the swamp. All is well here in the zoo, we are expecting some snow tonight --- maybe a snow day tomorrow? Be safe and I will talk with you with an update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music is great! Colin did a masterful job of putting together the choices. Have heard a number of artists I want to hear more from.

    ReplyDelete