Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 1: Feb 12: Kalamazoo to Pulaski, TN


On the road at 5:30--37 degrees and very windy. Saw numerous highway signs snapped off (steel "I" beams!) and two semi tractor trailer rigs lying on their sides in northern Indiana. Sunny most of the way down with mid 60's by Tennessee. Visited the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY and, while I lost interest in that car the day the Stingray design arrived, the 50's models were cool to see. Stayed at a Super 8, had dinner across the street at Sarge's Shack (salmon with shrimp & Alfredo on top of dirty rice--yum!). Didn't realize until the next night (400 miles south) that I'd left my jacket and cap at Sarge's. They're going to ship it to Tucson for me.

2 comments:

  1. Did Sarge's Shack ship ever your errant cap & jacket to your Tuscan destination? You know, there's a popular theory that forgetting a possession means you didn't really want to completely leave a place. As if you're leaving a part of yourself behind. (Maybe as the song says, "I left my heart..in San Francisco..") Well, if THAT'S the case, there's ALL KINDS OF STUFF belonging to you back HERE at home!! You must REALLY want to come back here! That's great to know! ;-} Kitties & I are doing just fine - we'll keep track of your things for your eventual return. But you make sure to have a whole lotta "too much fun" while on the road, y'hear? We'll want to hear all your stories - lots of times over. (We like the sound of your voice, don't you know ~) Car's doing just great. (-.thanks.so.much.-) Trust YOU are, are, too. ~`'*. Love .*'`~ B*S*F

    ReplyDelete
  2. My jacket and cap got quite a ride. They arrived in Tucson when I was in Oregon. My sister, Susan shipped them to my sister, Sandra in Washington, where I finally got them back, along with the socks I had left in Tucson, which had been sent to San Francisco and mysteriously returned to Arizona before being included with the jacket and cap package. My tea press is still in Hardin, Montana. Enough is enough. Jared

    ReplyDelete