

Saturday, Feb 21: Another hike with Mom and Dad, this one in the Tucson range west of the city, out near Susan and Al's. Much gentler hike, good views, out in the open sunshine. Back at the ranch, I cooked up my favorite Bolognese sauce and penne pasta for dinner. That's Mom & Dad above; Zoey, Susan's horse to the left.
Sunday, Feb 22: Visited old friends Georgianna and Dennis Holcomb in Tucson. Had a very nice visit and brunch with them. It had been over 10 years since I had seen them. I'll have to have them email me a photo of them--I forgot to take one. Sorry.
Saw Slumdog Millionaire with Mom & Dad in the afternoon, just ahead of the Oscars.
Zoey looks sweet, Sooze. Your Bolognese & penne pasta are da bomb, Jared. Clayton & Marie look so happy and totally in their element in the great outdoors. What troupers! Glad you're enjoying nice weather out there. We're getting mostly cold. More sunshine than usual -- which is a wonderful thing, because...IT'S MOSTLY COLD! ;-}
ReplyDeleteP.S. Speaking of the Oscars...my "little" brother Jimmy provided service there for 6 days as a Security Officer -- posted outside the Green Room!! Queen Latifa, Nicole Kidman, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Robert Dinero, just to name a few...Jimmy said, "Yeah, they couldn't see us, but we could hear them all. Will Smith was the life of the party, of course." Jim's very, very good at that job. Proud of & happy for him.
ReplyDeleteJared,
ReplyDeleteWhat a small world. Denny and 'George' Holcomb are my uncle and aunt. It's been even longer than 10 years since I've seen them however. You know the story---weddings and funerals...
Please tell them hello for me if you happen to talk with them. If you want to pass along my e-mail to them, it's jmusteve@cox.net.
Steve Holcomb