
Four images of the day:
Oil rigs: The Gulf is full of them; so is Mobile Bay.
Concrete infrastructure: Massive, lengthy bridges over water and wetlands. They go on for miles and miles! I drove over at least 8 bridges or causeways longer than the Mackinaw Bridge in fewer than 300 miles. The one on I-310 southwest of New Orleans was 20 or 30 miles long! Cruising at treetop height . . .
Traffic Jams: Biloxi, Mississippi and New Orleans, LA. The former was a surprise, the later I sort of expected (Marti Gras!).
Mountains of Crawfish: At Susie's Seafood in Morgan City, LA, I made it through the accepted minimum 4 pounds of crawfish per person as a dozen or so others did likewise around me. I got the drill down: twist the tail off, suck the juice out of the thorax, unwrap the forward-most piece of exoskeleton, squeeze the tail section to ease out the tail meat, de-vein, eat. Repeat 150 times. Nurse down with 4 Coronas.

When I was living in Phoenix, we had this guy from the corporate office named Oscar who was about 105 He took us all to this cajun place for lunch and taught us what he called sucking heads and biting tales. I was mortified. Being it was in theory a business luncheon I couldn't suck down four coronas, but would have.
ReplyDeleteLove the crawfish......skip the sucking juices part....go straight to the Coronas....nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the photos -- the causeways/bridges look different from how I'd pictured them. Can only imagine what the tree-top views were like! Drove across a VERY TALL bridge, across a VERY DEEP expanse in w. Virginia once. Same thing - no way to pull over for a photo. The entire drive across (both ways), a giddy, dizzy scream & whooping burst from me. (I think it was to keep me from fainting!) >Whew!< Was it kind of like that?!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos and looking forward to more. Diana Troyer Carr
ReplyDeleteExcellent blog, keep up the good work. My kind of fishing trip; more eating fish than catching fish. ;-)
ReplyDelete