

Met Kay (Niemeyer) Lieberknecht (left and providing a pedicure above right) at partner Doris' apartment for breakfast, then headed up to Kay's ranch north of Ukiah for a horse ride. Weather was cool, but mostly sunny. Her ranch is high up in the hills along a bumpy, dirt and gravel road, often only wide enough for one vehicle--and, often enough, along precipitous drop-offs. Not that you'd fall straight down if you went off; only that you'd tumble and roll for considerably longer than you'd like or might survive. Anyway, beautiful country with commanding vistas. Kay is a long-time master around horses: she grew up with them and uses them in her mental health work with children and teens. I had asked for a gentle horse to accommodate my novice standing and was given just that. I have never been around such well-behaved and cooperative half-ton animals. I felt safe and comfortable the whole time. We had a very nice ride and Kay made me feel right at home by coaching me in appropriate knots, saddle rigging and horse boot installation. After a lunch of burritos built with Kay and sister Carol's recently home made tortillas, I headed west to the coast. It was good to see Kay again.
~`;*bless*;`~ your heart, Kay ~ What a wonderful life you have hewn. Cousin Beverly
ReplyDeleteI love your descriptions, Jared -- very good writer ~ Your Beverly ~